Monday 26 August 2013

Who is the fairest of them all?

Having just recently moved into our new house four weeks ago our spare bedroom has been set up as a dressing room. I received a set of Ikea drawers as a gift and also a vintage white dressing table mirror. I had been looking at pretty pictures of dressing tables and was initially going to get one for Christmas this year. I love how gorgeous they look and started to have a preference for shabby chic / white or Parisian chic. I needed somewhere to organise my make up, hair and beauty items as I have quite a selection. I used my empty Glossyboxes (especially the limited edition boxes) to organise my make up into different sections.
The drawers are a perfect solution as I needed storage rather than solely a beautiful decoration.

So today I thought I would show you my handheld, fairytale-esque mirror which one of my friends kindly got me for my Birthday which was back in February. I adore the shape, decoration  and colours  on this so much. It came in a pink box with sponge to protect it inside and was purchased from Paperchase . It reminds me of a princess who would gaze into this when brushing her long, silky hair . ( Yes, I am a dreamer! ) It is really good quality and feels quite  'weighty' a sign of quality craftsmanship. It looks beautiful on the top of my dressing table drawers.

I have photographed it with , on the left, a Jelly Pong Pong eye cream which came in the most stunning box and on the right an angel that came from the Isle of Arran.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who is the fairest of them all?"

No comments:

Post a Comment