Tuesday 26 November 2013

Dresses contain memories

Memory dresses <3

I adore clothing, especially dresses. Ones that look like mermaids would wear them, Princess dresses, ruffled dresses, prom dresses and gorgeously coloured dresses.
I love how a photograph of a dress can evoke powerful memories. Looking at these photographs again has made me want to dress up and go out dancing. I love glitz and glam and co-ordinating an outfit with accessories. I'm really looking forward to Christmas parties now.

 This was for the MTV Europe music awards in Frankfurt. I searched for ages to find a dress and bought two in the end from a favourite shop of mine Bank Clothing. I love how this has 3D flower effect ruffles. The fit was perfect.
I teamed it with my River Island studded biker jacket that I no longer own and these stunning pink bow boots that I found on ASOS.
The feather glitter necklace is Topshop.
 Close up of FOTD and multi coloured glitter sparkles on the black feather necklace. It added a sparkle of colour onto the black dress to lift it a little.
I loved this jacket so much as it went with so many outfits. I love the studs and the cropped effect.
I had my three feather extension in at this point too- a purple, and two pinks.
 This dress I bought from Bank. I adore the pastelly pink and blue colours. I wore the patent shoes (just seen) from Primark with matching ice blue nails which was bought from Next and chipped so much. This  was worn for my cousin's wedding during the day.
 I loved this dress as soon as I saw it in Manchester Arndale. It reminds me of a mermaid. I love the colour, sequins and the chiffony material. The bottom part has ruffles and I wore this to my cousin and friend's 30th Birthday party. It reminds me of having fun with my friend Lucy as I bought this when I was visiting.
 This dress evokes memories of my family holiday in Lanzarote. This dress is from River Island and has a pearlescent ruffled part around the neck part. I needed the dress as soon as I saw it. I love the brightnessof the white as it looks fresh and the material is gorgeous. The sandals were super cheap from Primark and they go with so many outfits. The baby pink bag is from Primark and I also have it in blue.
 I wore this to another wedding. The dress is from ASOS and I love how it has a little corsage at the top with diamantes on. The patent pink shoes are from Next. This reminds me of a roadtrip to Kendal and Pick and mix sweets.
This is a dress that has memories of a turning point that changed my life. I bought the dress at Bank and it's a Lipsy one. Again this has sequins on the side which is a feature that I love. It fit really well as do all of the Lipsy dresses that I own. The bag was from Republic.

Do you have favourite dresses that have memories?

Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment