Thursday 13 February 2014

Denman AnarKitty Roaring Ruby styling brush review

Hello everyone,

Today I have a review on a *Denman classic styling brush and this is a limited edition d3 design one from the cult artist Emma Geary aka 'AnarKitty.' You can buy the brush for £7.50 here and there is also a 'Sassy' version too if you prefer to have the hairbrush in black. The d3 classic design is great for all hair types and lengths.

I love anything to do with hair care and styling and this is the first Denman brush that I have owned. As my hair is naturally wavy and goes either poker straight or super curly this brush is perfect for a day where I want to achieve a smoothed updo or for blow drying my hair straight.
The only other brush that I own is the Tangle Teezer which is perfect for taking knots out of my hair after I have conditioned it and I have seen on the Denman site a bright detangling brush which is only £3.50.
One of my New Year's resolutions was to try out different hairstyles and with this brush I am sure to accomplish more styles.

The brush arrives encased in a box with a window to see the product clearly.



The brush has round gentle pins.



The brush is easy to handle and did make my hair much smoother.



I love the design on the brush as I love retro items. The illustration reminds me of a Jessica Rabbit / Marilyn Monroe character and is a piece which needs to be left out on display when not in use to show. Denman and 'AnarKitty' worked closely together to produce a piece which is reminiscent of the 20's era. I love the collaboration as it now reaches to a wider audience and gives that extra special feeling to it. I can imagine, whilst using the brush, to dress in a beaded flapper style dress and adorn my hair in one of my feather hairbands.

The Denman brush is of excellent quality and has strong bristles. I spritzed a little Cherry Batiste on to refresh my hair. I then  used the brush to put my hair into a wavy messy bun which was positioned at the top of my head. Straight away the brush displayed an extreme professionalism and smoothed my hair swiftly and easily through my waves.

There are so many other brushes available too for men, children and babies and I want the wild dewberry scented one too now!

I would highly recommend this brush and I love the design as it takes a plain design into something special. I am usually a pink or pastel girl but I also love retroness and this brush therefore ticks the box.

Do you own a Denman brush?

Love Laura xoxo

*PR item kindly sent for my honest review <3

No comments:

Post a Comment