Friday 7 February 2014

February's You Beauty discovery box

Hello everyone,

I hope you've all had a good week and have a great weekend! I've just got back from a long walk with Alfie and it's sunshining. I still wore my hat though to be on the safe side! The sunshine always makes me feel more optimistic and happy. Tomorrow night is our engagement party which I'm going to get all glammed up for and spend it with people who mean the most to me. I'm thinking curly hair with a diamante hair band, one of those nail kits that I bought in the Topshop / River Island January sales, sparkly Bank maxi dress or Topshop prom dress, heels,  Benefit and Urban Decay makeup, statement necklace and a smile!

So onto the unboxing. This month I opted to get the You Beauty discovery box again as I was impressed with the value of it the other two times I have received it. You choose your two favourite items for £6.95 (including delivery) and they pop in a couple of extras too such as a snack and a sample of perfume/ shampoo. So February's theme is red carpet glamour and there were some really good options to choose from. I'm not really a skincare person. I mean I have a range of skincare but I don't get excited about it. I much prefer make up such as lipstick, nail kits and mascaras and therefore this reflects my choices. This month you can choose Glamglow youthmud, Helenere serum, Pixi primer (which has now sold out) Stila lip glaze in Kaleidoscope, Jurlique rescue cream, The Vintage Cosmetics company eyeshadow brush, Mavala nail polish in Madrid or Sapporo, Teeez crystal eyeliner or Teeez desert metals mascara.

I opted for the mascara as I love trying out new ones and it's one of my favourite make up items that I would not be without. I also chose the Stila lipgloss as I love lip products to add a pop of colour. The Pixi primer was really popular but I own the Benefit one and only use foundation for a night out. The two nail polish colours didn't make me want to own them (In fact I think I already do- they look like ones I once got with Elle magazine) and I don't need an eye shadow brush.

Here's what my adorable little box looks like and this one actually fits through your letter box.



The You Beauty box is super cute. I love small items and this is a lot smaller than the other beauty boxes I have.


Inside the box you get a booklet which tells you about all the products that were available and has some discounts in case you want to buy more products from the particular brands.


Here's what I received inside my box and what it first looks like as soon as you lift off the little magazine.


First I chose the Stila lipgloss 1.5ml. The 2.4ml retails at £15 on the Stila website. They have some really pretty colours available of these and I'm attracted to the pinks. I hope it hasn't got a sticky formula though as I don't like when your hair gets caught on your lips!


I've not heard of the brand Teeez before but I wanted to try the mascara. This is the full size and I found it on Nelly.com for £13.95. This is a volume mascara which is meant to be long lasting and smudge proof so I can't wait to try it out.


Added extras: Yum yum! Some Beyond dark Moments of pleasure. Chocolate is always welcome in a box. In fact I might eat these now! Ooo they are the cutest little chocolate buttons ever and they taste delicious. You get plenty in the little bag too.


Another added extra is the volume treatment sample from Charles Worthington salon at home range which I already own and their products are great.

Overall I really like this cute little box. I love the added extras and the excellent value for money that you get too. I will be looking out for it again next month.

What would you have chosen?

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment