Friday 28 February 2014

MUA Luxe London Kooky Lip Lacquer Review

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I have a review on one of the MUA Lip Luxe that I bought a few weeks ago. The one I have to show you today is the 'Kooky' shade. I wouldn't usually go for this colour but I thought I would try something different as we only live once.

I'd mentioned before that I really liked the packaging as is looks as lot more expensive than the £3 price tag.
The doe foot applicator made the application of the formula glide easily onto my lips. It is highly pigmented and I found that I needed to add a little more onto the underneath sections of my lips as the contrast of my pink lips stood out too much.

The velvet feels really smooth and creamy to apply and then dries to a matte finish. As they are a matte they do feel quite dry on the lips. I kept on licking my lips to try and inject a bit of moisture and this obviously doesn't work. I would have been better with a clear lip balm. It lasted a few hours and then started to go patchy on my lips. I could have either applied more but I wanted this shade off as I don't think it particularly suited me! I tried to wipe it but it wasn't very effective. I really had to try hard to get it off and then it stained around my lips!

Overall I wouldn't repurchase as I prefer the other colours and it was quite hard to apply evenly on my lips. However this container will last me ages as there's lots of lacquer inside.

You can buy it here from the MUA online shop. However this shade is showing as out of stock so there may be one in store in Superdrug.


I love the packaging as they look expensive.







Oh gosh this shade looks really uneven on my lips! I think it actually does suit my hair colour but as I still see myself as a blonde it's hard to like this colour as I think it's too dark for me.

Have a lovely weekend!

Love, Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment