Monday 3 February 2014

NOTD Blooboo and Aqua Splash- Models Own

Hello!


Hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was spent watching the last series of Breaking Bad from behind my knees, buying new items to make the bed super comfy and going for afternoon tea which was an engagement gift off my sister-in-law to be :) I will write a separate post on that.

So here are my ultimate wintery looking nails. They remind me of Jack Frost with sugar on top. I love Models Own and they have a 50% sale on right now which take their polishes down to £2.50 each. I popped some in my virtual basket but then didn't check out. I think I thought that I have a drawer full of nail polishes and some I haven't even opened including these two that I used for my NOTD. I really wanted the Mermaid Tears and the Neon purple though!


Aqua Splash is on the left and I adore the colour and the iridescent pieces of glitter contained inside it. I got this from the Clothes Show Live in the goodie bag. The polish on the right is Blooboo which has an adorable name. I think I bought this is in the last sale that Models Own had and never got around to opening it until now. 
I used the Blooboo as the base for Aqua splash as the splash is more of a top coat. I thought the two blues would compliment each other well.




With one coat of Blooboo you can see that that it is uneven in places so I used two coats to ensure it was opaque. It was quite runny to apply and the brush picked up too much polish so I ended up with far too much on each nail every time.


Here you can see that two coats makes it opaque and looks a lot more 'finished.'


Here's the finished look with two coats of the Aqua Splash. One coat didn't disperse enough of the glitter for my liking.
I love the finished look of this but as I put so many coats on I found that it chipped after two days. Which is quite good for my nails actually as they usually chip about four hours after wear no matter which polish I use. Maybe the secret lies within the topcoat!

Did you buy anything from the Models Own sale? It ends tomorrow so there's time for me to indulge yet!

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment