Wednesday 12 March 2014

Afternoon Tea at Le Monde Edinburgh

Hello everyone,

I think I have a thing for afternoon teas. I just love the selection of cakes and sandwiches with the pot of tea or coffee. I love the arrangement of them and the cake stands. 
Here is an afternoon tea review in photos from Le Monde on 16 George St, Edinburgh which I went to with my lovely mum. This was before I dyed my hair dark and looking back at the photos, I miss my blonde hair.

The decor in this place is absolutely gorgeous and screams luxury. At first when we went in and asked for a table the two girls near the front door looked at though we had asked a strange question. After a few minutes we were taken through to the back for a table and we were served efficiently after this.

The afternoon tea is served from 2pm until 6pm daily and was priced at a reasonable £10.95 per person or £15.95 if you wanted Rose wine instead of the tea selection.


Look how gorgeous the decor is!


I love the pinky purple coloured lights. It was quite dark inside and was lit by candles on each table.



The sandwiches were on regular bread and plain looking. They were filled with a selection such as roast ham, cheese salad and chicken tikka which I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy but are quite plain for a fancy place.


The cake selection included fruit tarts, fresh scones with cream and jam and some sort of sponge cake.


Oh blonde hair I miss you! Although it's a lot less maintenance dark and has grown more.


The stand that it arrived on was metal and contemporary looking which is different from the traditional cake stands.


Overall I loved the atmosphere and luxe decor of this place and the afternoon tea was good. I wouldn't dash back to have it again but would go for some cocktails and try something else.

Do you enjoy afternoon teas? I'm still on a mission to try them all!

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment