Tuesday 18 March 2014

What's in my Lulu Guinness Birchbox for March?.....

Hello everyone!

This was meant to be published yesterday and unfortunately my finished piece wouldn't save or publish. I tried to refresh and it left me with one paragraph so I have started again today with a fresh mind :)

I hope you all had a great weekend. The weather was a lot cooler today but luckily the sun came out for me to photograph. I was really excited to receive an e-mail that stated that Birchbox were going to collaborate with Lulu Guinness for the March edition. I love Lulu Guinness lips bags as they are unique and stand out.
Lulu chose two products for the box this month. These being her favourite eye primer and the stripy black and white rock.

Packaging: I love the Lulu Guinness stripy design and the lips on the bottom of the packaging, however I would have preferred if the design was actually on the box so that it was a keeper. With the design being a card overlay it makes it harder to access the box.
I like how they have used a drawstring bag this time too instead of the tissue paper that they used for January. This sets it apart from other beauty boxes that are available on the market.

Price: £10 & p+p. My Birchbox has been delivered by the Royal Mail now too and last month's was dropped and the hair oil smashed over everything. They also didn't deliver one box and let someone else sign for one which I never received. I have to say though that Emma from Birchbox who I e-mailed was super efficient, very polite and send out replacements which restored my faith. However I have now cancelled my subscription as I have too many products to try out and want to save some money so one box had to go.


So here is the Lulu Guinness design box for the month of March.


I love the underside design as it has the lips  and I love the clutch bags that Lulu Guinness designs as they are unique and iconic.


Upon taking the card overlay off and opening the box, this is the first glance into the box.


Contained inside the drawstring bag were the miniatures for this month. There were no full sized products apart from the stick of stripy rock.


First up we have the Molton Brown replenishing hand cream in rhubarb & rose which smells delicious. This retails for £10 if it was full size. As it's a hand cream and I only use a small amount at a time, this will last me quite a while.


This is Lulu Guinness' pick of the strip rock which is a lifestyle extra for the box this month. It represents the traditional sweet shops that inspired Lulu's S/S collection. I love rock so I'm happy to receive some candy in the box. It reminds me of Blackpool and the seaside.


Dr. Brandt - Pores No More Pore Refiner. This would retail at £39 which I think is really expensive. I own the Benefit Porefessional so I will be able to compare the two products.


Benefit- Stay Don't Stray £20.50- This is an eye primer to ensure that your eye shadow stays put and also acts as a concealer too. I love Benefit products and it's fab to receive one in a beauty box. I own the Urban Decay equivalent so will see what the difference is between the two. This is Lulu Guinness' other pick for the box as this is her favourite eye primer. 

 
English Laundry No7 perfume sample which retails at £47. I usually get at least three wears out of a little sample so I'm hoping this smells good.


Finally I received the Aroma Works Serenity Body Oil and I can't wait to try this as I love oils as they are nourishing and this contains coconut oil which I love the scent of. This is a tiny bottle but a little goes a long way and the full size retails for £32.50.

So that is what I received in this month's box. My favourites are the Molton Brown hand cream because of the scent, the Benefit primer as I love this brand full stop and the Candy Rock.

Did you receive the March Birchbox? What did you receive in yours?

Love Laura xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment