Saturday 17 May 2014

Glossybox For Superdrug Edition May


Happy Saturday everyone.
Yesterday my Glossybox was delivered and I wasn't expecting it to arrive so quickly after receiving the dispatch e-mail the other day. 
So first up the box is designed in conjunction with Superdrug's 50th Birthday. Happy Birthday Superdrug! I love these limited edition boxes and this is another keeper. I find that out of them all, this box is made from the greatest quality.


Inside the box it is wrapped beautifully and you are met with a hot pink gorgeous tissue paper with a yellowy orange ribbon and shredding. Lucy Mecklenburgh is the model on front of the magazine and this is very current as she is very popular and now. 


This is what I saw as soon as I opened the tissue paper. I was pleased as there seems to be so much in the box this month and I got it with my Glossydots so this was effectively free yay! The box this month was to show the very best offerings of what the stores have to offer you all over the country.


Here are all the contents, this time spaced out clearer for you to see.


First up is the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara. This has an hourglass brush that gives you a 60's look. I'm pleased with this mascara as I like to try out different ones. This is full size and costs £6.99.


Next up are these 2true Pro 3D Candy Nail Art. I already have caviar beads and put them onto my ring finger for an accent. Although they looked really effective, they didn't last very long. These are £3 and I like the light purple beads but not the dark mix as I love light colours. I would've expected these to be £1 too and to be found inside the Miss Glossy that I used to buy before they stopped it.


Superdrug's Large Doughnut Ring £3.99 - I love hair items or products and even though I own the heart shaped bun I don't have a regular one therefore this will come in really handy. I don't tend to wear my hair in a bun much but this will be good for in between washes with some Batiste.


Solait Illuminating Facial Bronzing Cream - I use bronzer regularly but have never seen a bronzing cream. I'm not sure how I will take to this and how it will apply so I'm interested in trying this out. I'm wondering if it's going to apply evenly. I thought this would be more than the £2.99 price tag.


I Love Cosmetics- Strawberries & Milkshake Shimmer & Shine Lip Gloss- £1.29 Again this is something I would've expected to be in the Miss Glossy box as it seems for younger people but suits my personality. I Love does a wide range of products including candles and I've seen them being sold at The Clothes Show Live one year and also B&M. I do love the shade and the name and even though I'm more of a lipstick crayon user these days, this will come in handy to carry around in my handbag.


Finally, a couple of samples which they have now started to call bonus products. Garnier Body Oil Beauty Lotion will be £4.99 for 250ml and has almond, macademia and rose which sounds scrumptious and is a good price for the lotion. Ghost fragrances- Eclipse £33 for 50ml. I'm not too familiar with Ghost Fragrances but they describe it as a fruity floral fragrance and I love fruity so I'll maybe like this.

So this month again is definitely focused upon high street beauty whereas they used to focus upon high end beauty samples. Glossybox is great if you have extra money and would like beauty surprises per month and ones that you don't mind receiving a variety of. 
My favourite items this month are definitely the mascara as I'm excited to see what effect it gives and also the facial bronzing cream.

The contents total £18.26 minus the little samples which is good for the price that you pay (£10+P+P) but not necessarily what you might spend your money on.

Do you get Glossybox? What did you receive in yours? 

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment