Tuesday 13 May 2014

Sandwich Ideas #BEDM

Image Credit:Wearychef
 So this week it is British sandwich week and this was the topic for Sunday for #BEDM . I'm eating very healthily this week and including lots more fruit and vegetables into my diet. At first I wanted to find some healthy packed lunch ideas and then I came across these delicious looking sandwiches on Pinterest which I could just eat right now. I love food so much and gaining inspiration to make tasty recipes. Even though most of these are not strictly British they look delicious so here they are.

This pesto pizza grilled cheese sandwich by the Weary Chef look simple yet delicious. It's made with pepperoni, pesto, tomatoes and cheese and then popped into the oven to bake.

Image credit:Six Sisters
 For this low fat turkey bacon wrap from Six Sisters all you need is a wholegrain wrap, Romaine lettuce, sliced tomato, 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing, 3 slices of turkey bacon and 2 slices of bacon. This would be great to take  in a packed lunch.

Image credit
 Cheese Sprinkles and Rocket ships are fun, inspirational sandwich ideas and can be found on the Etsy blog.

Image credit:Fitnessmagazine.com
 I could eat this Philly Cheese Steak sandwich right now. This has thin sliced steak, peppers, mushrooms, onions and Provolone cheese. Looking at photos of food makes me so hungry. Have you ever done that though when you're really full and then you see an advert for food on the television and it puts you right off? It makes you feel even more full!

Image credit: Emily Bites
 For this grilled chicken pesto wrap you use fresh basil pesto, ripe plum tomatoes, chicken and wraps and serve warm.


I think I have saved the best for last here. The Sweet mornings banana breakfast sandwich was found on Sugar and Charm  blog. I follow this after seeing the amazing recipes and photography. The french bread, banana and syrup look absolutely scrumptious and I have all of the ingredients to make this right now apart from the French bread! I'm making a note to get some so I can try this out.

I could have gone on all day finding yummy looking sandwich recipes but I had better stop and make fajitas for tea.

What are your favourite sandwich recipes?

Love Laura xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment