Saturday 7 June 2014

Cutagen- Product Range Review



Image credit: Cutagen

Happy Saturday everyone! It's my favourite day of the week.

I have recently been reviewing the *Cutagen product range samples and today I'm sharing my findings with you.
Biotherapeutic's scientist Dr Rizwana Alvi and her business partner Dr Faiza Awan used their 23 years of research and medical knowledge and believe that the Gentlecare range from Cutagen bridges the gap between cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. I was kindly sent a range of their samples to try out. 

Here's what they have to say about their products;

"British skincare brand Cutagen was founded in 2011 by Dr. Rizwana Alvi, a medical microbiologist with 15 years in the biopharmaceutical industry, and Dr. Faizan Awan, a medical professional with eight years in hospital medicine and General Practice.  Cutagen applies scientific knowledge to create exclusively-formulated products with ingredients proven to deliver benefits for skin.  The cosmetics can be used by everyone, even people with complaints such as eczema, acne and psoriasis."


The moisturisers I received were:

  •  Gentlecare Calming moisturiser for extremely dry, sensitive and atopic skin.
  •  Gentlecare Clarifying moisturiser for combination, oily, blemished and acneic skin.
  • Gentlecare Intensive Moisturiser for extremely dry, sensitive, dry and normal skin.
  • Gentlecare 24hr Hydrating moisturiser for all skin types.
I also received:
  • Moisturising creme cleanser hand wash and bath and shower for extremely dry, sensitive skin.
  • Refreshing wash gel hand wash and bath and shower sample for normal, combination, oily and sensitive skin.
  • Mositurising creme wash for hands and bath and shower sample.
Positiveness:
 I really like the amount of research that has gone into the products. 
They have many natural ingredients contained inside them.
I like how they have thought about the wide range of skin types and conditions that people may have.
The RRP of the products ranges from £4.49 to £9.99 so they are affordable.
The creams/ gels are easy to distribute over the body and feel smooth.
A little goes a long way so the products will last a while.
The moisturisers hydrate the skin well.

Improvements I think are needed:
I'm really not keen on the scent of the products on initial application. I can't pinpoint the scent but it could be made to smell fruity or sweet instead to appeal to a wider audience.
There's far too many words in the titles of the product samples. They need to be made clearer as I started to get confused.
The moisturisers felt sticky on my skin after rubbing them in for a good ten minutes until fully absorbed and I prefer them to sink in straight away.
It's quite hard to choose which one you should be buying as each product has a wide range of skin types that they are suitable for. I think if I was looking in a shop at them I wouldn't find it clear and move on to buying something else.
I found the moisturisers to perform all the same on my skin. This might well change with a larger sample size over continued use however.

Overall I think that Gentlecare from Cutagen are excellent quality products and with a few tweaks will be successful for their intended audiences.

You can find out the latest news from Cutagen on their Twitter , Website and Facebook pages.

Love Laura xoxo
*PR items kindly sent for honest review purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment