Wednesday 6 August 2014

Models Own Nail Polish Review- Sweet Shop Gumballs


Hello. How are you all?
 Just a little update before I begin to let you know that I am moving house next week and therefore my WiFi may be MIA soon. I am also starting a new job tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to. Probably for the first time in my life without any stress. So my blog posts may be a little hit and miss until I have settled in and got a routine going on. 

Models Own have just released the Sweet Shop Collection, which for me was an absolute necessity to own. I really wanted to try the Revlon scented polishes and never got around to getting any so when I saw these and they were sweetie scented, I needed them. I love the collections that Models Own keep coming out with and want the polish for tans collection and the previous fruit pastel collection too. The polishes are meant to have a scratch and sniff sticker on the top of them and I was disappointed to find that mine have them missing.

The collection comprises of five different polishes all with a retro sweet scent. The scents transport me back to my childhood and have a nostalgic feel about them. There's a pink glitter which, when dried, has a Rhubarb and Custard scent, Barbie pink Gumballs, a pink glitter 'Peardrops,' brown glitter 'Fizzy cola bottles' and finally a black polish which has the scent Liquorice Allsorts.
 There are three pink /red shades, a brown tone and a black. If I had produced this collection I would have made a variety of shades such as Foam Banana yellow or white mice just so it could have been more versatile. To have the smell of sweeties on your nails almost makes my life complete. I absolutely love the idea of these and have tried out Gumballs so far which I have written the review on for today.


  From left to right we have Gumballs, Pear Drops, Rhubarb and Custard, Liquorice Allsorts and Fizzy Cola Bottles.


I love the tissue paper that the polishes came wrapped in. They were also bubble wrapped inside the box too.





Gumball is my favourite shade out of the whole collection and if I was to just purchase one this would be it. The colour is a Barbie pink and makes a staple summer colour. 
I found the polish to be thick and quite hard to apply evenly to my nails. I did only need one coat on my nails for it to be opaque but it took a while to dry and smudged easily.
I did sniff the polish in the bottle thinking it might smell of gumballs but unfortunately it just gave me a huge waft of the regular scent of nail polish ha ha! I won't be trying that again.
The polish was placed over a base coat once dried and it produced a really glossy effect. One it dried on my nails, it left an absolutely gorgeous smell of bubblegum (gumballs) which I found irresistible and kept on sniffing my nails at regular intervals throughout the day. The scent stayed after showering too which was great as I thought it may have eliminated the smell.

I didn't use a topcoat on this. My thinking was that it might mask the gumball scent. The polish lasted for the longest amount of time without chipping on my nails which was a record- breaking 3 days. I have the type of nails where polish chips on the same day as application.

Overall, I would repurchase for the scent of the polish but I'm hoping that the others in the collection have an easier formula to apply.



Have you used scented polishes?

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment