Thursday 2 October 2014

Happy 1st Birthday to Ray Of Glitter with a Baker Days Cake review


Ray Of Glitter  has turned 1 years old! I can't believe that I have been blogging for a full year and have learnt so much along the way. I'm so proud of how it has developed so far and will continue to work hard and progress further. For me blogging is an enjoyable past time which enables me to try out new items and experiences,  write reviews and create memories. It  has also opened my eyes to the blogging community, to have dedicated readers who read my words on the page and to work and collaborate with companies. 
A big thank you to all the people who take the time to read and click on my blog and a welcoming hello to all new readers too. 

Baker Days had contacted me a few weeks ago to see if I would like to review one of their letterbox cakes. I thought this would be great to coincide with a Ray Of Glitter Birthday cake to mark the occasion. Baker Days safely delivers a range of cakes throughout the UK and the letterbox cake fits through your door so there's no worry about missed parcels. There are various designs to choose from and they can also be personalised and bought from here. They have a range of sizes of cakes and also sell cupcakes too which caught my eye as I love them!

After e-mailing the design of the cake that I liked, I chose from the flavour of cakes. You can choose sponge cake at no extra cost but need to pay a little extra if you would like the choice of chocolate chip sponge, fruit cake, gluten wheat free or dairy free options. 
The concept of this is brilliant as you can send someone a treat through the post as a lovely surprise or they would be excellent if you lived far away from someone and wanted to show that you care.

There were so many design to choose from but as soon as I saw the unicorn cake I loved it and decided to opt for that one. 
The cake was delivered surprisingly quick through my letter box and arrived in perfect condition. I was delighted to see that not only had Ray Of Glitter been written on but they had also looked at my blog and written 'Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle & Loves' which was a lovely touch. 

The price for one of these letter box cakes starts at £14.99 which for me personally is a little on the high side. The cakes are delicious, arrive quickly, can be personalised, fit through the post box and are sent free delivery so these are huge plus points. Maybe the higher price should be for the personalised ones whereas if you choose a standard option it could be cheaper?  Personalised options tend to be more expensive as the design is being individually customised which takes more time.



The cake is safely encased in a sturdy white box and the cake is placed in a round celebration tin. Inside it is wrapped in plastic to ensure freshness and they include a little paper lever so that you can pull your cake out with ease. 
I loved the added extras such as the card, balloons, candles and party blower as this adds to the whole experience. 




 The cake was extremely fresh, the icing was delicious and the cake was scrumptious. The cakes are all handmade with good quality ingredients and you can really tell. The only thing to note was that it said chocolate cake on my label but inside I received plain sponge which I didn't mind too much as I love that too.




The cake made me feel special which for that feeling is priceless. The design was good quality and adorable and the cake is of high quality. I would highly recommend this company.

What do you think of letterbox cakes?

Love Laura xoxo

*PR item sent kindly for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment