Tuesday 27 January 2015

Degustabox December Unboxing


Ooooo a delicious Degustabox. I received December's box just over a week ago as my box was sent to someone else and they signed for it. You can track your parcel and I had never heard of the surname of the person who had signed for my box which was so disappointing. Luckily, Degustabox sent another box out to me and so I got my box of foodie goodness after a longer wait than usual.

Degustabox is a monthy subscription box full of 9 to 14 products. Some of which are new to the market and the contents are meant to cost less than you would pay for them in the shops.

So the box arrived in perfect condition and had a Merry Christmas sticker on this time which held the brown paper together. 



The first items that I saw in the box were the drinks and I was really pleased to see them in there. This first bottle is Eisburg alcohol free wine which is made in exactly the same way as usual wine but with the alcohol removed. This has a third of the usual calories ans is available in Chardonnay, Rose, Cabernet Sauvignon and Riesling.
These drinks would be perfect if you enjoy the taste of wine without the alcohol, if you're taking part in dry January or you simply don't want to or can't drink alcohol.

Price: £3.49 per bottle.

What I thought:
This was of great quality and I found it quite a strange concept of drinking this without there being any alcohol content. I don't tend to drink wine because I like the taste of it, I drink it because it has alcohol in it. I do prefer sweeter wines so I would like to try the Rose variety next time. I think this would be fabulous in social situations if you don't want to look or feel as though you're missing out. Although I'd be happy with a soft drink. 

Would I buy it again?
Yes I would in the different varieties for a party or get together if people were driving. These would also be fabulous if you were pregnant or on medication and couldn't drink alcohol.



"Spring clean your spirit with nature's finest fairly-traded clean green herbs. Let them dance in your cup for a while to release the zing of whole Sicilian lemons and the freshness of dandelion root. One sip and you're ready to sparkle."

Price: £2.39

What I thought:
 I know how good green tea is for you but it's just too bitter for me to drink. I want to like it as I know it would be so good for me just I just can't bring myself to drink it regularly. The Sicilian lemons make this sound delicious but I prefer a nice cup of regular tea with milk so I shall be passing these onto my mum.

Would I buy them again?
Maybe for my mum or to have in the house for visitors but not for myself as it's just not my cup of tea so to speak! Although it's a bit unfair of me to say without sampling them first. (Goes off to boil the kettle.)

Gloworm drinks
"Gloworm is ingeniously different. It's the first premium mixer of its kind, specifically blended to compliment a selection of spirits. The unique formula is sugar-free and taurine-free. Gloworm is available in 4 flavours; Raspberry & Orris for Vodka, Cucumber and Apple for Gin, Pear, Spice & Lime for Rum, Ginger & Lemongrass for Bourbon."

What I thought:
I popped these straight into the fridge to chill and my other half grabbed one and we shared it. It was the Cucumber & Apple one and it was so refreshing and delicious. I then read that they were mixers for alcohol. Whoops!

Price: £1.50 per can.

Would I buy them again?
Yes. Especially the Cucumber & Apple.




Next up are the yummies. 

"Never fried, never baked. POPCHIPS are popped with heat and pressure to make a  naturally delicious crisp with all the flavour and less than half the fat of fried crisps, fewer calories and none of the fake colour or flavours (or greasy fingers) that gives snacking a bad name. And by the way, there are less than 100 calories in each serving."

Price: £1.79

What I thought:
I first saw these being showcased at the Clothes Show Live a few years ago. I also received a small bag from there from December last month too. These are deliciously moreish and you get quite a lot in the packet too. They feel quite light and have a great crunch to them too.

Would I buy again?
Yes I would and especially if they were on offer for £1.

These are little added extras in the box as they aren't listed on the information card.
They are delicious marshmallows with a chocolatey filling. 

Would I buy again?
Well they retail at around £3.14 for four marshmallow pieces which is a little too expensive for me.


"Finest continental milk chocolate wrapped around our original butter biscuit or oozing with caramel. With more chocolate than biscuit, it's fresh and crisp when you bite it, but so chocolatey when you taste it. Available from Asda, Booths, Budgens, Co-op, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose."

Price: £1.79 per pack.

What I thought:
I recently ate 6 out of the 9 biscuits in the one sitting the week before I received some more in this box. They are yummy. I was excited to see the caramel ones but for me the caramel wasn't 'oozing' it was solid and I much preferred the milk chocolate ones.

Would I buy them again?
Yes but not for £1.79 a packet and I wouldn't get the caramel ones again.




Onto the cooking ingredients:
" The meal kits are a one. two, three step to an authentic, delicious meal in just 20 minutes. Use the three clever pots and add a few fresh ingredients to create a restaurant quality meal. All natural ingredients and perfect to keep in the store cupboard for when you need meal inspiration."

Price: £2.50

What I thought:
I love the idea of the little kits to aid in preparing a variety of meals. I've had a previous kit before but I didn't use it in time and it ran out of date. This time I'm going to make this kit as I'm sure it will be delicious.

Would I buy it again?
If I really like this one then yes I would.

"Made with natural Chilli extract and adds a spicy kick to all sorts of pan fried and roasted food at the touch of a button."

Price: £2

What I thought:
I used this when I cooked spicy chicken noodles. It was super easy to use as you simply spray the required amount and cook your ingredients. It added extra flavour to the ingredients which is always a good thing.

Would I buy this again?
I'm more likely to buy the sunflower oil version.


"Coarse orange marmalade is fresh, zingy and made with thick shred orange peels  for more character. Spread on toast and let the full flavour of oranges fill your mouth, or use it as the ingredient that will make the difference in your savoury or sweet recipes.

Price: £2.30

What I thought:
I think this is a fantastic quality brand. I enjoyed this on toast as it was delicious.

Would I buy it again?
Yes I would.




"The Chia Co Oats + Chia are wholegrain oats and Chia blended with the finest quality fruits and coconut oil. These 'just add water' oats deliver a smooth and creamy texture, without dairy. Chia seed offers the highest combined plant source of omega-3, fibre and protein, and is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants."

Price: £1.70

What I thought:
I didn't really know what this product was on first glance and after reading the description card I'm more likely to try this out now. The ingredients are fantastic and will be super healthy for me. I've had Chia shots before in my Birchbox but I didn't know what to use them in so I still haven't touched them.

Would I buy it again?
I think it's expensive for 45g so maybe if I feel that I need to be super healthy then I might repurchase. I'm also inclined to repurchase if they were to taste delicious.

Total price of items:
£25.75 (excluding the two little marshmallows)

An excellent quality box for the £12.99 that I paid. My favourite items were the Gloworm, POPCHIPS and Bonne Maman Marmalade.

My next box is being delivered tomorrow! More scrumptious treats.

Love Laura xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment